During the Great War Johann Dix built a chapel with a belfry which later became dilapidated. Following a reconstruction in 2005 the interior is ornamented with a fresco from the life of St. Barbara based on a design by Květa Krhánková.
A valuable relic of a dam used for timber rafting hosts a chapel commemorating a disaster in July 1897 in which seven mountaineers were killed in a landslide.
Residents of Vysoký Svah and neighbouring Zahrádky built their chapel for religious purposes as well as a gesture of togetherness. Unfortunately due to lack of interest and partly due to vandals it is now dilapidated and waiting for reconstruction.
During the time of reforming the monarchy, the emperor Joseph II had abolished a number of church institution, however, supported establishing of parsonages and schools in remote areas of the empire. The church has been preserved in its original form and is still used for Saturday services.
Following an untimely death of an enlightened land owner Berthold Aichelburg, the grateful locals built him a monument in the form of a forest castle. The keys to the great hall can be borrowed at TIC Veselý výlet.
Modrý Důl Settlement (Blue Valley Settlement). A valley at the foot of Studniční hora (Well Mountain) modelled by a glacier was transformed into a meadow enclave by lumberjacks. The original houses and cottages are a part of a protected architecture zone.
A typical meadow enclave on a hill of the same name is a fine example of a harmonious, free mountain settlement with well-preserved original cottages, solitary trees, paths, terrace fields and walls.
Before lumberjack colonization in 1566, a number of cottages had already been built in Výsluní in Velká Úpa. The front part has kept its original style with cottages, walls, terrace fields, stone-paved roads and a chapel.
A small chapel was placed at the roughest spot in the mountains, later transformed into its current shape. The names of people on the plaque commemorate all persons who had died in the Eastern Giant Mountains as a consequence of avalanches, falls, lightning or frost.
An observation tower situated at the bottom station of the chairlift to Hnědý vrch (Brown Hill) stands 27 m tall and is the tallest tower in the Giant Mountains. You can reach the top taking 138 stairs with five landings.
Many local names reminds us of founders of meadow enclaves, the family of a lumberjack Richard Sagasser lived here till 1976. Nowadays the meadows are used by a cattle farm.
Based on the WWI experience threatened Czechoslovakia had constructed a series of fortifications against Nazi Germany. The path through Obří důl (Giant Valley) was protected by three bunkers, now buried in the forest.